Working Dog Website

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Shepherds Speak

To be a fly on the wall or a flea in the grass really, today was exceptional. I got to witness a lesson from Karl Heinz, expert Sheep herder, and ovelooking as usual was Karl Fueller ( on the right) with his dog Urie vom Kirschental. Marion Fueller, helpeed alot with the translations, but Karl made it easier with his gestures and him showing the young American shepherd, who visited just for a lesson, how it's done. Much excitement as at one point, I thought the sheep didn't perceive my presence and might run me over. But the German Shepherd Dog, from Karl Heinz, rescued me by making them stop. Amazing dogs, amazing people.... I am off to see Xito my dog for the competition and my friend Frederick Garbo - his owner, in a little bit. And tomorrow we go to the Doellenwiese Kennel....

No comments:

Post a Comment