Working Dog Website

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ivan Balabanov speaks his mind

I just got back from visiting my friend Ivan Balabanov in Florida yesterday and sharing with him some of the new info we came up with for the Combat Drills for the K9 Handler. While there, Ivan decided to open up and share with me his thoughts on competing with Apache his GSD for WUSV 2008 and all the trials and politics leading up to the event. He also had some interesting advice as a GSD admirerer from a 'different perspective.' An accomplished competitor - the 2 x World Champion is also an avid breeder of Belgian Malinois under the kennel Ot Vitosha. Ivan had some insights into breeding and selection and the Schutzhund sport on the whole that was honest and refreshing to hear. I will post a short interview clip soon. Thanks for staying connected to me on the blog, I know I haven't posted in a couple weeks. But shortly I will have some of the exciting stuff I have been putting together over the last couple weeks for you!

1 comment: